LX Type Elastic Pin Coupling (GB/T5014-2003)
LX Elastic pin coupling is made of several non-metallic elastic pins and 2 half couplings. The coupling is connected by lacing these elastic pins into holes of 2 half couplings, and thus the torque is transferred.
LX Elastic pin coupling can compensate the relative offset of 2 axes to a certain extent. Elastic parts are sheared during operation and are generally applicable to the working conditions of medium speed transmission shafts with low requirements. Allowable working temperature environment temperature is -20ºC~+70ºC, the nominal transfer torque is 250~180000N.m.
♦LX Elastic Pin Coupling Basic Parameter And Main Dimension(GB/T5014-2003)
|Length of shaft hole(mm)||D||B||Limited compensation||Rotary inertia
|Y type||J,J1,Z type||Axial||Radial||Angle|
NOTE:Coupling weights and rotary inertia in the sheet are calculated according to the minimum diameter of the shaft hole and the combination of J/Y shaft hole.
♦Other Products List
|High Flexible Coupling||LM|
HangZhou CZPT Machinery Manufacturing Co., Ltd. is a high-tech enterprise specializing in the design and manufacture of various types of coupling. There are 86 employees in our company, including 2 senior engineers and no fewer than 20 mechanical design and manufacture, heat treatment, welding, and other professionals.
Advanced and reasonable process, complete detection means. Our company actively introduces foreign advanced technology and equipment, on the basis of the condition, we make full use of the advantage and do more research and innovation. Strict to high quality and operate strictly in accordance with the ISO9000 quality certification system standard mode.
Our company supplies different kinds of products. High quality and reasonable price. We stick to the principle of “quality first, service first, continuous improvement and innovation to meet the customers” for the management and “zero defect, zero complaints” as the quality objective.
Our design team has experience in cardan shaft relating to product design and development. If you have any needs for your new product or wish to make further improvements, we are here to offer our support.
raw materials → Cutting → Forging →Rough machining →Shot blasting →Heat treatment →Testing →Fashioning →Cleaning→ Assembly→Packing→Shipping
We could develop the sample according to your requirement and amend the sample constantly to meet your need.
4.Research & Development
We usually research the new needs of the market and develop the new model when there is new cars in the market.
Every step should be special test by Professional Staff according to the standard of ISO9001 and TS16949.
Q 1: Are you trading company or manufacturer?
A: We are a professional manufacturer specializing in manufacturing
various series of couplings.
Q 2:Can you do OEM?
Yes, we can. We can do OEM & ODM for all the customers with customized artworks of PDF or AI format.
Q 3:How long is your delivery time?
Generally it is 20-30 days if the goods are not in stock. It is according to quantity.
Q 4: Do you provide samples ? Is it free or extra ?
Yes, we could offer the sample but not for free.Actually we have a very good price principle, when you make the bulk order then cost of sample will be deducted.
Q 5: How long is your warranty?
A: Our Warranty is 12 month under normal circumstance.
Q 6: What is the MOQ?
A:Usually our MOQ is 1pcs.
Q 7: Do you have inspection procedures for coupling ?
A:100% self-inspection before packing.
Q 8: Can I have a visit to your factory before the order?
A: Sure,welcome to visit our factory.
Q 9: What’s your payment?
Add: No.11 HangZhou Road,Chengnan park,HangZhou City,ZheJiang Province,China
|Standard Or Nonstandard:||Standard|
How Do Pin Couplings Compare to Other Types of Couplings in Terms of Performance?
Pin couplings offer certain advantages and disadvantages compared to other types of couplings, and their performance characteristics can vary depending on the specific application requirements. Below is a comparison of pin couplings with some commonly used couplings:
1. Gear Couplings:
- Flexibility: Gear couplings are more rigid than pin couplings and may not offer the same level of misalignment capacity.
- Torsional Stiffness: Gear couplings provide higher torsional stiffness, making them suitable for applications requiring precise torque transmission.
- Shock Absorption: Gear couplings can handle higher shock loads due to their robust design and greater stiffness.
- Maintenance: Gear couplings may require periodic lubrication and maintenance compared to maintenance-free pin couplings.
- Applications: Gear couplings are commonly used in heavy-duty and high-torque applications where precise torque transmission is essential.
2. Flexible (Elastomeric) Couplings:
- Flexibility: Elastomeric couplings offer higher misalignment capacity than pin couplings and can handle angular, parallel, and axial misalignment.
- Shock Absorption: Elastomeric couplings provide excellent shock absorption, damping vibrations, and protecting connected equipment.
- Torsional Stiffness: Elastomeric couplings have lower torsional stiffness compared to pin couplings, making them more forgiving in high shock load applications.
- Installation: Elastomeric couplings are easy to install and require no lubrication, making them maintenance-free.
- Applications: Elastomeric couplings are commonly used in pumps, compressors, and other machinery where vibration isolation is crucial.
3. Rigid Couplings:
- Torsional Stiffness: Rigid couplings provide high torsional stiffness, ensuring accurate torque transmission.
- Misalignment Capacity: Rigid couplings have little to no misalignment capacity and require precise shaft alignment.
- Applications: Rigid couplings are used in applications where precise alignment is essential, such as shaft-to-shaft connections in high-precision systems.
Pin couplings strike a balance between flexibility and torsional stiffness, making them suitable for applications with moderate misalignment and shock loads. They are often used in general industrial applications, conveyors, and light to medium-duty machinery.
When selecting a coupling for a specific application, it is crucial to consider factors such as misalignment requirements, shock and vibration loads, torsional stiffness, maintenance needs, and the level of precision required. Each coupling type has its strengths and weaknesses, and the appropriate choice will depend on the specific demands of the application.
Can Pin Couplings Be Used for Both Motor-to-Shaft and Shaft-to-Shaft Connections?
Yes, pin couplings can be used for both motor-to-shaft and shaft-to-shaft connections in various mechanical systems. The versatile design of pin couplings allows them to connect two shafts with aligned or misaligned centers, making them suitable for a wide range of applications.
Motor-to-Shaft Connections: In motor-driven systems, pin couplings are commonly used to connect the motor shaft to the driven shaft of the equipment. The motor can be an electric motor, combustion engine, or any other type of power source. The pin coupling efficiently transfers torque from the motor shaft to the equipment’s driven shaft, enabling power transmission and mechanical motion.
Shaft-to-Shaft Connections: Pin couplings are also well-suited for shaft-to-shaft connections, where two separate shafts need to be joined together. This could be the case when extending the length of a shaft or connecting two separate pieces of rotating equipment. The pin coupling provides a secure and flexible connection between the two shafts, allowing torque to be transmitted between them while accommodating misalignment.
It is essential to consider the specific requirements of the application when selecting a pin coupling. Factors such as the amount of misalignment, torque capacity, operating conditions, and space constraints should be taken into account to ensure the coupling can effectively and reliably connect the motor and shafts.
Overall, the versatility and performance of pin couplings make them a popular choice for both motor-to-shaft and shaft-to-shaft connections in various industrial and mechanical systems.
Advantages of Using Pin Couplings in Mechanical Systems
Pin couplings, also known as shear pin couplings, offer several advantages when used in mechanical systems. These advantages make them a popular choice for various industrial applications:
- 1. Overload Protection: Pin couplings are designed to provide overload protection to connected equipment. In case of excessive torque or sudden shock loads, the sacrificial pins will shear off, preventing damage to the shafts and other components.
- 2. Misalignment Tolerance: Pin couplings can accommodate a limited amount of angular misalignment between the shafts. This helps to compensate for minor misalignments and reduces the stress on the connected equipment.
- 3. Cost-Effective: The shear pins used in pin couplings are relatively inexpensive compared to other coupling components. In the event of a failure, replacing the damaged pins is a cost-effective solution, avoiding more significant repairs to the main equipment.
- 4. Easy Replacement: After shearing, the damaged pins can be quickly and easily replaced. This leads to reduced downtime and lower maintenance costs in the long run.
- 5. Versatility: Pin couplings are suitable for a wide range of applications, including pumps, compressors, fans, and other industrial machinery. Their ability to handle varying operating conditions makes them versatile in different environments.
- 6. Shock Load Absorption: Pin couplings can absorb and dissipate shock loads effectively. The shear pins act as a buffer, protecting the equipment from sudden impacts or overloads.
Despite their numerous advantages, it is essential to consider the limitations of pin couplings as well. They have lower torque capacities compared to some other coupling types, such as gear couplings or rigid couplings. Additionally, the need to replace shear pins after each failure may lead to more frequent maintenance requirements in applications with frequent overloads or misalignments.
In conclusion, pin couplings provide reliable torque transmission and safety features, making them a valuable component in various mechanical systems. Their ability to protect against overloads and accommodate misalignments makes them a practical choice in a wide range of industrial applications.
editor by CX 2023-08-22